Highly Sensitive Person

A couple of days ago I stumbled across a Youtube video about "Jobs for Highly Sensitive People". In the beginning, I did not think much about it, but the more I heard the more I was aware. Aware that I might be one of these highly sensitive people.


When I was a kid, I was often told "don't take everything so seriously", "don't get angry so easily" and "you are just too sensitive". I tend to overthink things I said and did. I have a lot of interests and hobbies and therefore I am having a hard time to find out what job I want to do. My eyes sometimes cannot cope with all the visual triggers in front of them. Sometimes I sit in the office and everything just turns super bright so that I cannot see anymore. In the last few months, while living in China, I found that certain noises can totally make me go crazy.


Answering some of the questionnaires that I found about HSP opened my eyes. There is a name to how I have been feeling in the last 26 years. HSP is not an illness, it's more a type of personality. Studies showed that between 5 and 20% of the world's population might be HSP.

Why am I writing about this on my YogaMOOC blog?


Because I read that yoga, mindfulness and great awareness of oneself can help HSP. It helps to find out what is important to me and what I can do to avoid situations that are overwhelming. One of the greatest pieces of advice that I found during my Research was:


"Take time for yourself and be creative through music and other forms of art."


This is where yoga will come in for me. When I practiced yoga last night, my brain was constantly thinking. Thinking about many situations that might be explained because of HSP. I don't take it as an excuse, but more a "why" behind how I reacted in various situations. I think once my mind has processed those thoughts I will come back to yoga practice and really benefit from it.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

#YogaMOOC - What did I learn?

Good Music and Yoga

Week 5 - My goal